English & Spanish Elementary: (Heather & Javier's classes)
We are taking a look at the Holy Trinity through the Gospel story and also looking at Bible Symbols.
1) The Holy Spirit also known as the Holy Ghost is the Third Divine Person of the Holy Trinity. The Holy Spirit does not speak directly to us, but instead through others--the prophets for example. Please help your child learn the Holy Spirit Prayer before the next class. The link is here:
Prayer to the Holy Spirit | USCCB
Oración al Espíritu Santo | Loyola Press
2) Symbols--Symbols are all around us, for example: stop signs, emojis, hearts, etc. We use symbols in the Church too. Please work with your child and have him/her draw on a white 8 1/2 x 11 paper as many symbols as they can think of that we use in the church to bring to our next class.
3) Please share with your child this song: Come Holy Ghost, Creator Blest
COME HOLY GHOST Creator Blest Hymn Komm Heiliger Gheist Lyrics Words Pentecost sing along song - YouTube
09 Ven, Espíritu Santo creador - YouTube
Confirmation Class: (Mary & Heather's Class)
Our class will be watching FORMED.org's A Walk Through the Mass. If you youth cannot attend Mass today, please
A) watch it with your child.
(If you have not been to this site before, please register as a member of our parish so it is free to you. Once the site is accessible, copy and paste this link into your browser:
Symbolon: Pt 2: Session 3: Walk through the Mass: Exploring the Sacred Liturgy - Symbolon Part 2: Living the Faith - FORMED
La explicación de la Misa: Explorando la sagrada liturgia - Viviendo la Fe - FORMED
B) Have your child answer the following questions (to be turned into Heather OR
texted/emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org)
1) What are some examples of words in the Mass that come directly from Scripture? What are some examples that come from the earliest days of the Church?
2) In the video presentation, we learned that in the Mass, Christ's sacrifice is made present. In what ways are we called to unite our lives to Christ's sacrifice made present at Mass?
3) What would you say to a friend who says it is not necessary to attend Mass every Sunday?
4) Do you come to Mass to receive or to give? How do you prepare your soul for Mass? After watching this video, what or how might you prepare differently?
5) Reflect on the following quote from St Padre Pio of Pietrelcina:
"It would be easier for the world to survive without the sun than to do without Holy Mass."
Prayerfully consider how St. Padre Pio's statement expressed the importance of the Mass. How does this change the way you view the obligation to attend Mass? How can you more completely give yourself to Jesus at each Mass?
PARISH OFFICE Hours
Office is open
on Tues. & Fri. only, 10 am to 1 pm.
2050 Palisades Ave., Los Osos, CA 93402